If for some reason your iPhone Touch Screen is not working properly, you can use the following methods to resolve the issue at home, without having to shell out a lot of money. Read on to find out how!
Method 1 – Restart Your iPhone Device
This is probably the most ridiculed and also the most effective method of fixing any problems with your device. This is known to fix most problems and will also most likely fix your iPhone touch screen if for some reason it is not working properly. To try this method, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on your iPhone until the slide bar appears.
- Turn off your device by dragging the slider.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Using the sleep or power button on your iPhone, turn it back on again until the logo of Apple appears.
Method 2 – Restore To Factory Settings
Often, what happens is, you might end up tweaking a setting that creates problems and issues with the phone and prevents it from working properly. In such a case, restoring the factory condition of your device can eliminate any such issues. If the previous method did not work, resetting the settings on your iPhone might do the trick. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Open settings on your iPhone
- Open the general settings option and look for the Reset option
- Once you have found the reset option, click on it and then click on the Reset All Settings option
- At this point, if you are asked for your password, enter your password and click on Reset All Settings again to confirm
- Wait till your device resets and then reboot it
Method 3 – Resetting your iPhone
If resetting all settings did not work, you might consider restoring your iPhone to the very new condition it was in when it was straight out of the box. Although this might cause you to lose data, it is still a fool-proof way to ensure your touchscreen issues are resolved. To restore your iPhone, do the following:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, and select your phone on your computer
- Click on the summary option
- Once you have done that, click on the check for updates option
- Click on restore in order to restore your iPhone to factory settings
Method 4 – Use recovery mode
This again is a tried and tested method. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn your iPhone off and connect it to iTunes on your PC
- Using iTunes, restore your iPhone
Method 5 – Restore iPhone from back up
By restoring your iPhone from backup, you can fix the iPhone touch screen not working issue. Follow these steps to do it:
- After connecting your iPhone to PC, use the Encrypt Backup option
- Select Backup to PC and then the Back Up Now option
- Click on the Restore button and that’s it, you’re done
Method 6 – Clean your iPhone
Even though it seems obvious, often, the iPhone screen doesn’t work because of all the dirt on it. Cleaning it might help to resolve this issue.
Method 7 – Remove the screen protector
The screen protector might cause issues with the touch screen on your iPhone and hamper it’s working. Remove the screen protector to resolve this issue.
Method 8 – Restore your iPhone
This method can help you to resolve the touch screen not working issues. Follow these steps to do it:
- From your MAC device, open iCloud and log in with your Apple ID and password
- After that, use the Find My iPhone option and then click on All Devices
- Select the iPhone that you use and click on the Erase iPhone option to erase it.
- Click on erase to confirm and then reconnect it to your MAC
- Open iTunes and select your device and click on Restore and Update option.
Method 9 – Contact Apple Support Team
If all else fails, contact the Apple support team so that they can help you fix your iPhone properly and without any hassle.